Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Friday, April 01, 2005

A Dilemma

The Wheel turns, Ages come and pass, and the Circumstances have brought to my door and interesting dilemma: When I was first looking at the Vanderbilt Internship, I was planning on moving in with the Go Stone and staying with him into the next semester. Now it turns out that Vanderbilt has offered me free on-campus housing for my duration there (basically two and a half months). So the question is, should I accept the offer and not move in with GSM, leaving him to search for a roommate and possibly not have room for me next semester, which would mean I would live on campus next year, or should I see if he can hold out for a few more months (I would start paying rent in August), or should I just go ahead and not worry about the VU offer and move in with GSM? The only thing pulling me towards living on-campus at VU is the money I would save, about $550 or so. On the other hand, I was really looking forward to moving in with GSM and living off-campus next year. In the long run that might actually be cheaper, because living in the dorm at Lipscomb next year costs more than an apartment by far. I'm going to make up a few budgets and compare numbers for some different scenarios. In the mean time, does anybody have any advice?

3 Comments:

At 4/02/2005 3:33 PM, Blogger psykadelicbutterfly said...

you should move in with the GSM this summer and the following semester. he seems like a good guy. i think it would save you a lot of headaches.

 
At 4/03/2005 6:47 PM, Blogger Veggie_chick said...

It depends on what you want to do. You already know both options have their pros and cons. I agree with Nat and opt for spending the summer with GSM. You can compare the numbers, but it comes down to what would be easier on you and what you feel lead to do.

 
At 4/05/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger CheeseShaman said...

After careful consideration and consultaion of myself, I have decided you should live in the Death Star. You guys are of a like mind, and this will prepare you for life ahead. Like owning your own home and stuff. Aaaaaand you could get REAL FURNITURE. Woot! Like a couch and fireplace! Or at least a couch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home