Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Many Things

So many things to blog about! So little time!

Today fall has... fell? The air feels wonderful outside. I step outside buildings expecting to be struck by heat and humidity, and instead I am shocked by cool, dry air. Pretty soon the leaves will change colors and everything will smell good and... I like this time of year.

School is heavy, but I'm coping. I've started working with an ESL program here, and I'm meeting twice a week with one of Lipscomb's facilities workers. What a great experience! "N" is from Egypt where he was an engineer, but here he cleans the science building. He has a wife and two girls, 9 and 10 who are both in school, and apparently he won a "lottery" to be eligible to come over to the United States. His English is very basic and makes most communictation difficult, so we go over basic vocabulary together for about an hour. I'll keep you all updated on how that goes.

I have more to talk about, but now I have to go to Physics tutoring, so I'll post more later. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home