Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

More Stuff

Let's see...

I am making a portable cloth game board. When it's all done you'll be able to play 9x9 go, checkers, othello, and probably a few other games on it. It will have a little sack that carries the "board" and the game pieces, which will be painted white on one side and black on the other to save space. I can't wait to finish it. Yes, I am a nerd.

I'm also looking at graduate schools. So far Vanderbilt is by far my top choice, but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket just yet. I also need to sign up for the GRE soon...

Last week the GSM let me drive his car and get some practice on a stick. I didn't do too bad. It was a lot easier to drive than the Z3, I'll tell you that. Manual transmissions are fun, but I still need to work on changing more smoothly.

And finally, I am working some more on Astrolander. I've cleaned up the actual game segment quite a bit, added music/sound effects, and some nice fade in/out transitions. The two remaining steps to complete the project are to write a front-end menu for the game and make some levels. This game is going to be so freaking cool when it's done!

That is all for now, so I will bid you all good evening.

</gourd>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home