Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Friday, May 13, 2005

You want update? I've got your UPDATE right here...

Let's see what's new in the Gourd's life!

...

um...

...

Well, I single-handedly managed to screw up internet access for my entire family the other day. Who knew that plugging in a wireless USB adapter would trash my PPP stack? I stayed up till 3:30 the other night trying to fix this thing and nothing is working, including uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling the ISP, and scouring the hard drive and registry for any remnants of the adapter. And yes, I rebooted, too. DOH! If you don't know what all that means, it means I'm in a pretty hefty pickle. I'm waiting on a CD to come down from the Go Stone so I can re-install Windows. Until then, my parents' computer will not have internet.

Watch out for the Motorola WU830G! It does weird stuff...

Now the astute may ask at this point, "but if the Gourd has lost internet, how is he posting?" Luckily, NetZero is working on my laptop. (I've never plugged that card into my laptop.) Yay! I'll just have to uninstall all the Spy-/Ad-ware when I leave...

BLAH BLAH BLAH. What a boring post this is...

The engine is coming along nicely. At this point, after several hours of work, we've gotten the old one out, switched over some components, and the new motor is now sitting in the chassis. All that's left is to finish re-connecting everything, fill up the fluids, and let'er rip! Tomorrow we will find out the answer to the big question: Will this new engine from the junk-yard actually run? It's an exciting time!

I have a cell-phone charger on the way. $1.50 on eBay. Sweet.

Today we went to spend some time with Grandma and Granddad. They are both doing very well, and the Facetious One even took us all out for lunch at Chili's. Very nice, very nice...

I guess that's the extent of my life right now. I'll be glad when things calm down a little bit so I can have some quality "me" time. Probably not until Monday... Good night, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home