Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Lima Beans, Sith Lords

We went to see Star Wars yesterday! I must say that the movie was intense and very enjoyable, despite some of the rough dialogue. I think the thing I'm most in love with in this series (besides the music) is really the story. How does a "good" democracy willingly turn itself into an evil Empire? In their less selfish moments, Anakin and Palpatine really feel like what they're doing is for the good of all. They're bringing Peace and Order to the Republic. Then how does a good person like Anakin become our cultural symbol of evil? Even he felt like what he was doing was "right". I don't want to get into an ethics dialogue, but this movie (actually the whole series) can make you think, if you'll let it. So will The Interpreter. If you haven't seen that, go! It wasn't grisly or anything, unlike Hotel Rwanda, but I found that it left me in about the same thoughtful state and mood. Very Good Stuff (tm).

I'm eating a bowl of Lima Beans. I love beans. Pinto beans, navy beans, lima beans, black-eyed peas... They're just so good!

Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home