Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Reunion, Work, Wolf's Rain

Oooohhhh, chiasma!

OK, here we go again. I was almost done typing this post when: Firefox... crashed. o_O
I still can't believe it. Firefox doesn't crash! That's not supposed to happen! I think I've got a bad device driver floating around in my system that's messing with other programs' memory. Sometimes my computer just randomly crashes in the uber-WinXP-bluescreen. Not much that can be done. Just a little blue and white memory dump and down we go. This can be triggered by iTunes, it seems, but I definitely wasn't using iTunes when Firefox... *gulp* crashed. What's going on here!? The Quality Feedback thingy said it was a Win32 exception. Gee, that's a surprise.

So, back to the post, and this time with multiple draft saves. Curse you, Win32-scuuuuum!

Reunion was a really good time! Ms. Grady's extended family was just as open and welcoming as her immediate, and that made the weekend overall very relaxing and fun. We had some good devo's, played games, and of course, ate a lot! We also got to talk to her aunt and uncle who are missionaries to Fiji about possibly coming to help them some time in the next year. We'll see what kind of doors God opens up.

On the internship front, it turns out that both of my leading professors are out of town for at least the rest of this week. One is in the UK on a speaking tour! In the mean time, they want me to get familiar with some modeling software. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon about how to get a hold of said software and start "tutorializing". If nothing else, I've got a chemical safety seminar today from 2:00-4:00.

Last night I went to GSM's to watch the second Wolf's Rain DVD. As he would say, we had KAT. I must say that the series is unfolding very nicely. I was worried that I wouldn't understand what was going on, but when you watch all of the episodes and pay attention to details, it all makes pretty good sense. I think I'll try to join him at Go Club after church Wednesday night.

I also got to chat with some of my suite-mates last night. (Does anyone know a better term than "suite-mates"? It sounds kind of girly, like "sweet-mates". I need something more manly, like "roomies".) They seem like good guys. I also went grocery shopping for myself for the first time. (I mean for real food, not chips/salsa and hummus). I spend $70, but I got a lot of food, and hopefully it will last me for a while. Rice-Roni, Tuna-Helper, and PBJ, here I come!

Before I went to bed I read the first chapter of the Mark of the Lion series. It was really good, though that may have to do with the fact that I haven't gotten to the mushy stuff, yet. We'll see! Ms. Grady and I have a deal that I'll read the Mark of the Lion if she'll read the Wheel of Time. Not a bad trade, in my opinion. Especially if the rest of this book is as good as the first chapter.

3 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 9:02 PM, Blogger CheeseShaman said...

eh, sell the computer. Get a Compaq, those are the best.

...

Bwahaha! J/K! Hee hee, I'll bet you sneered at that one!!

Anyways.

Hmm. Names for group. Well, you could say dormies if you're sharing more than a room.

Mark of Cat-thing. This I investigate. Oo Ooooo, I got that prequel WoT book thing? The one bout Moraine and Lan. (However you spell her name) So I hope its good.

No hummus! Bah!

 
At 6/01/2005 8:01 PM, Blogger psykadelicbutterfly said...

what's wrong with a compaq??

....oh. yeah. several things. *ahem*

there's nothing wrong with saying "suite-mates." people should be mature enough to know what you really mean. it's like...guys wearing pink these days. it's the new black. or something.

be sure to get your daily intake of fiber (25 grams/day). it'll keep you full longer so you don't eat as much. hehe

 
At 6/01/2005 8:59 PM, Blogger The Gourd said...

be sure to get your daily intake of fiber (25 grams/day). it'll keep you full longer so you don't eat as much. hehe

Well, I'm alternating between Frosted Mini-wheats and oatmeal in the mornings. Does that count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home