Note: The most recent postings of The Gourd
can be found at The Gourd Reborn.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

So much!

A lot has been happening in Gourd-land, lately! Let's see... Since the last post:

Finished Book 9 of the WoT. o_O Wow. All I can say, is, Wow. As if my head wasn't already asploded enough...

Watched the rest of Wolf's Rain with GSM. The end is very sad, but also extremely profound. A first-rate, grade-A anime, in my humble opinion! The music rocks my socks. I've now got both OST's from GSM.

Read more of MotL. I found myself really perturbed when I read about the decadence in Rome in that time period. Not to mention that other woman's reaction when she found out Hadasseh was a Christian. Rivers is a good author! I just wish she'd define more of the Latin terms she uses. Oh, and still no mushy stuff! ^_^

On the work front, I've met Dr. McCabe and I now have a desk in the student office. I'm still doing tutorials, though. Dr. Cummings is here today, so hopefully the three of us can get together soon and figure out what to do with me! I'll keep you all updated.

Please be praying for the Geigers! Mrs.' surgery is Friday. They had GSM and me over on Sunday night for 16-bean soup and cornbread. Man it was good! I'll be making some of that soon myself, I hope. We also watched SW episode 1. Obi Wan really does look better with a beard.

On a further SW front, I downloaded and watched the Clone Wars series last night. Not really too impressed. It was mostly baseless plot and mindless action with a SW skin, but there were a few good moments. It was nice to see exactly what point Anakin became a knight, where Grievous' cough came from, etc.

I'm sure I'm missing something important with everything that's been going on, so I'll try to blog about it when I can remember.

1 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 2:39 PM, Blogger psykadelicbutterfly said...

it's about time you did some work! slacker! >P

will definitely be thinking about mrs. geiger. my dad's shoulder surgery is tomorrow (06/09) on CS's b-day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home